My Supported BOOBS

Posted by Sherry , Monday, September 27, 2010 Monday, September 27, 2010


Well! Back from a very BOOBY weekend and feeling more supported than ever! Get it?

Seriously though, the 1st annual gathering of banded bloggers was a raging success. Kudos to all those who planned, stressed and organized to make the weekend such a great one.

Before I relay some my weekend highlights, I will of course answer your most pressing question: What does Amy W. wear to bed?

Answer?: A full coverage burka. Seriously. The woman may as well be a NUN as conservative as she is. I never even got a GLIMPSE of the breasticles.

I should have roomed with Gen, who, I discovered, asks her roomies to get in the shower with her.

She “claims” she needed bathing assistance due to the broken elbow she suffered during our first night of vodka induced debauchery but I think that was all a ploy to try to get her roomate Jennifer in the shower with her. You decide.

With each person I encountered, my appreciation for my Lap-Band grew. Women who claim on their blogs to be shy or wallflowers became animated the minute you asked them how much weight they've lost.

Those who have reached 'goal' were open and generous with their tips, stories and praise for the rest of us.

Those who were brand new to banded-life reminded us of the importance of appreciating the journey.

While I didn't have the opportunity to accost celebrities like Gilly did or find new boots like Angie did, I did find in Chicago exactly what I expected to find: A great group of women who put the “awe” in “awesome”.

p.s. a giant 'thanks' to my roomies (Alexis & Amy) who put up with my very 'over-served' self on Saturday afternoon!

18 Response to "My Supported BOOBS"

Theresa Says:

Sherry, it was great to meet you, I'm sorry we didn't have more time together, you are absolutely precious!!

Nicole Says:

Great to meet you! It REALLY was an AWESOME weekend!..I think we may all been a little over served at some point during the weekend ;)

Barbara Says:

Sherry, I loved meeting you.. I second your words above everyone was AWEsome

Gen Says:

LOL! Love this post, so true (well, maybe not the shower part) -it was awesome to meet you! Can't believe how young and beautiful you are in real life!!!! So much fun......

Alexis Says:

I heart you even more now after meeting you and so lucky to have you as a roommate :) Can't wait until we see each other again!

This was a great post by the way! :)

Jenny Says:

It was great to meet you!

Anonymous Says:

It was so great to meet you. You are a very beautiful woman!

♥ Drazil ♥ Says:

A very booby weekend indeed! So great to meet you!

Catherine55 Says:

Loved getting to meet you! So glad we had time for a Starbucks outing together! :)

jennyr1222 Says:

So glad that I got a chance to meet you Sherry!! Had such a blast (sister). ;-) xoxo

Steph Says:

I wish I had more time to talk with you, but I just has to tell you that you are even prettier in person with an incredible fashion sense!! Hopefully we can do this again next year!

Cindylew Says:

Great meeting you but wish we had an opportunity to chat. I guess a lot of people probably feel that way about those with whom they didn't get to send enough time...it all went by so quickly.

Band-Babe Says:

Hello Miss Model TALL... ;)

You are seriously one cool chick... love the outfits... and loved you...

Let's go dancing again soon, ok?!?

Jacquie Says:

So happy to have met you Sherry!

Kristin Says:

Sherry, you are a total doll. It was great to meet you!

Judi Says:

OOOH....I need to go to bed but I keep looking for BOOB weekend posts! SO SO thrilled it was so wonderful. SO SO pissed I had to miss it!
Thanks for sharing!
I am a BOOB and I will be there....next time!
OMG---please don't ever tell anyone that I missed the party of the year....it would ruin my party girl reputation!

Onward!
Judi

DiZneDiVa Says:

I loved meeting you this weekend... You were as fabulous as I expected... Hope to see you again soon,*Maria*-blogger from "This one time at BAND Camp..." Follow my journey at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com

Canadian Bird Says:

This weekend was awesome, for the short time I was there. It was awesome that you sat at our table & I was able to chat with you a bit... It was so hard to connect with everyone with all those fabulous women there... simply overwhelming!
Hope to see you again at BOOBs 2011!
Blessings,
Robin at Band on the Run

Post a Comment